Thursday, October 11, 2007

Flatulence

Answer this question, on what other blog about great books can you read an article on flatulence?

During my daughter and my perusal of The Dangerous Book for Boys, we came across this advice for dealing with girls. Avoid being vulgar. excitable bouts of wind breaking will not endear you to a girl, just to pick one example.

When dealing with most young ladies this would be excellent advice for young boys. The majority of girls aren't impressed by a flatulence. Of course, my lovely daughter, Sarah, isn't most young ladies.

Recently my daughter expressed a great deal of admiration for the boy next door because he has the ability to pass gas whenever he wants. I overheard Sarah, one day, excitedly asking him 'to crack one off.' I have no idea where she got such a crude expression, but despite what the authors claim she is one girl who is very impressed by the passing of gas.

Due to the fact that the boy's mother and I are spoil sports who want our children to grow up to be ladies and gentlemen, we have put a stop to such activity.(I mean the encouragement of purposefully passing gas, not the act itself. I don't want our children to explode!)

No comments: